Friday, April 16, 2010

New work


Here's a new one, from my Coast Guard years. Sometimes the Coast Guard saves the people, but can't save the boat. In this case, it was the best of a bad situation when this troller lost power and drifted ashore in July, 1992. Luckily, it was a soft sandy beach, waves weren't too bad, it was in a bay, and the weather was good for a salvage. They must have pulled it loose from the sand and gotten it back afloat at high tide. I did a check online yesterday and found a listing that I think is for this vessel, still in service.

I added a couple of new galleries on the website, for some of my earlier work, and one for drawings. Earlier work has an image of my first full-on painting, and now a painting from my Coast Guard icebreaker years. In the drawings gallery, you'll see a drawing of Lake Aloha, Desolation Wilderness, from a Tahoe Rim Trail transit. More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment